The Rivals for Catan: Age of Enlightenment contains three expansion sets (125 Cards Total) for The Rivals for Catan (released in Germany as Die Fürsten von Catan). These theme sets – "The Era of Explorers", "The Era of Sages", and "The Era of Prosperity" – offer new variety for the base game and bring new elements into play.
• In The Era of Explorers, players set sail from Catan to explore the world and discover new lands. Your explorer harbor serves as the starting point for your exploration of nine adjacent sea cards. Pirates, islanders, and shipwrecks await across the waters. Embark on missions and try to be the best explorer. Ship tokens chart your position. Victory awaits the most skilled and intrepid sailor!
• In The Era of Sages, the wisdom of many and varied sages – a currency in its own way – gives you the opportunity to influence the strength and frequency of events. Fend off famines, deflect attacks, and promote peace. Connect with nature and balance prudence, power, foresight, and vigilance in your struggle for Catan!
• In The Era of Prosperity, you strive to be a good prince and govern wisely, in order to build schools and a hospital – and even promote the arts. Raise your people's spirits and spur expansion. But beware as discontent dooms prosperity!
|Rivals for Catan expansion Age of Darkness
The Rivals for Catan: Age of Darkness, a 90-card expansion for The Rivals for Catan, includes three separate theme sets that can be used with the base game:
• The Era of Intrigue – You will witness the confrontation of followers of new and old beliefs and take part to determine Catan's spiritual balance. "Religious Dispute" causes both players to lose cards; Churches and Temples minimize losses; Temple cards strengthen your access to your own draw stacks. Church cards lure opposing heroes and earn gold. With a Church and a Temple, you may build the Great Thing stead and end the conflict.
• The Era of Merchant Princes – Using the "Commercial Harbor" and the "Merchant's Residences", decisive buildings in the struggle for trade advantage, players try to control Catan's commerce. "Maritime Trade Monopolies" and the "Master Merchants" enhance trade ships. "The Shipbuilder" reduces the building costs of ships. Dominate trade using clever card combinations!
• The Era of Barbarians – Use Castles, Border Fortresses, the Strategist, the Caravel, and new heroes to fend off both the barbarian attacks and your rival's efforts to dominate your holdings.
EU customers shipping to the EU has resumed please read the Brexit page for more information.
All customers, please note due to the ongoing Pandemic there are still some delays in the postal service in some areas as the mail services cope with staff off sick / self isolating
Your name *